The Midwest Center for Substance Abuse and Addictive Behaviors (SAAB) is a program for individuals with substance abuse/ dependency or problems with addictive behaviors such as gambling or overspending.
The SAAB Program offers a broad spectrum of services including assessment, primary treatment and continuing care of the client and their family members utilizing individual, couple, family and group formats.
Motivational, educational and cognitive-behavioral strategies are utilized, in concert with other approaches and community resources, to provide clients with an individualized plan for substance abuse and/or addictive behavior treatment and maintenance.
The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is designed to
provide clients with:
- An individualized treatment plan tailored to client need
and response to treatment
- Intensive outpatient counseling which promotes client
knowledge and insight into addictive behavior and
- Strategies for promoting motivation as well as
emotional and behavioral aspects of addiction and
- Information concerning bio-physiological effects of
substances on the brain, body and behavior
- Where applicable, to provide information concerning
OWI and the relationship between criminal behavior and
- Aftercare programming focusing on relapse prevention